Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving

Well, like I said before, Luke and I drove out to Sioux Falls this weekend to visit his (and my soon-to-be) family. It was a great trip. On the way out and back we had great weather, and we got to spend a lot of time visiting with people!

We got in around 12:30am on Wed. (Thursday, technically...), and in the morning, we got up to have brunch with Luke's mom (Kathy), and two sets of aunts, uncles and cousins. I got to meet Luke's Uncle Jim for the first time, and Kathy made delicious waffles and an egg bake.

Since we were having Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday with his mom's family, Luke and I went to his dad's for dinner on Thanksgiving. We had a lot of fun playing dominoes and, of course, UNO.

Friday involved some VERY early morning shopping, lunch with two of Luke's aunts (Laurie and Cheryl...although I'm not confident I spelled either correctly), and the Parade of Lights in downtown Sioux Falls.

Here are Kathy, Luke and I at the parade:










And some of the floats:











On Saturday we went out to Salem, SD to Luke's grandparents. I had asked his grandmother to teach me how to make the cracker bread (knacka brod pa svenska) that she makes, so after dinner we ended up doing that, and also making rosettes, which I had never done! It was funny to have so many cousins around.











On the way back on Saturday night, we stopped at Kohl's (for more shopping) picked up a pizza to eat at home, and then drove to Falls Park (the "falls" of Sioux Falls) to see the park lit up for Christmas. My camera didn't take very good pictures in the dark, so these are from Luke's.



We left after church and lunch on Sunday, stopping to pick up Christmas presents from Luke's dad's house.

What a good trip.

No comments: