Although, I haven't yet posted anything on New Year's Eve! Jamie and I had a four-course dinner...how can you go wrong with that? It even included a champagne toast at midnight. Not to mention the streamers and noisemakers.
Here are a few pictures I stole from Jamie's blog:

I got wine pairings with my meal...I couldn't even come close to finishing them. But it was fun to do anyway!
Here is Jamie, from behind my wine glasses.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I haven't had too many photo ops since then, so there's not much for me to post, other than the mundane details of my life. :
It snowed here this morning, which is kind of fun. The Bears played today. So did the Patriots. It really is only of enough interest to me that I wanted to see who ended up winning each game. I have to admit though, that I was a little bit excited at the prospect of both teams playing in the Super Bowl. Oh well. Commercials should be good anyway. That's what really matters, right?
Tonight I made dinner for Jamie and I-a Rachel Ray recipe-and then we made S'Mores while we watched Desperate Housewives. Anne stopped by for a little bit too!
In case you're wondering where Luke is all of the time, it's not that I never see him. It's just that he works a lot of weekend nights. We did have time this weekend to check out some honeymoon options at Triple A though, so that was exciting!
Last night I babysat for the little girl I babysit for somewhat regularly. She is so good-natured I can hardly believe it. She has this Tickle-Me Elmo (which she pronounces Melmo), and I don't know if you've ever seen one, but oh my goodness, they are so funny!!!

(Just as a side note, you don't even WANT to know what kinds of sites came up when I searched Google images for a picture of Tickle me Elmo...yikes!) Anyway, you can't tell from this picture obviously, but at least with the one she had-maybe a newer model?-you tickle it, and he starts out kind of holding his stomach and laughing, and then doubles over laughing, and eventually collapses forward, and rolls backward, kicking his feet and laughing the whole time! It's really not half as amusing to read about. I suggest you check it out for yourself. It is pretty crazy how this thing can move.
Well, it's getting late. I guess I will go to bed soon. Goodnight, moon.
No comments:
Post a Comment