In college, it was something of a tradition to spend Easter at the Lindahls' house. We had lots of fun spending time with Anne's family, doing their annual Easter basket hunt, and eating lots of great food.
Last year Luke, Hauna and I went to church on Easter morning, and then attended a church luncheon. After that, I had created an egg hunt for both of them.
This year everyone but us seemed to be out of town. Jamie was in Wisconsin, Hauna was in Princeton, IL , others were with their families or friends' families.
Still, I wanted to do something...holiday-ish.
So (get this)...I made a pot roast.
I had no idea what I was doing, but that was OK, because I pretty much just threw it in the slow cooker while we were at church. I also made party potatoes, asparagus and Brown-n-Serve buns. Yep, I'm a regular gourmet.
Here's the feast, and Luke getting ready to eat. The pot roast was actually pretty good! I probably won't make it again though...it's kind of weird to eat, and it definitely didn't look pretty.
2 comments:
Alli! How fun it was to see this blog and be referred to! We sure enjoyed those annual Easters with you.
Good for you for putting together an egg hunt last year.
And, I'm impressed about the pot roast thing, even though it didn't look so pretty.
Congrats on getting all those wedding invitations made and in the mail. It is a lot of work to get married, huh?
We wish you all the best as all your plans soon come to fruition and you'll be walking down the aisle.
i'm not sure pot roast ever looks pretty, but it's always tasty!
here's to trying new things and branching out! :)
Post a Comment