Saturday, July 28, 2007

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Anne!

Anne's 25th birthday was July 7th (just two days before her and Jed's one-year wedding anniversary, by the way).


Anne and I have known each other for (wow) almost 7 years now-since our freshman year at North Park. She is sincere, silly, faithful, kind, and just an all around great friend.


Due to some slight confusion revolving around whether or not Anne and Jed would be back in town for Anne's birthday, her celebration (at least with her friends) was delayed. So, after some better coordination; a bunch of us met up at Anne's apartment that Thursday and headed to Hot Chocolate, a restaurant opened by a pastry chef. If you don't know Anne, let me tell you that this is her kind of place-a restaurant NAMED after chocolate, and revolving around desserts.

We all ordered up delicious desserts-the server told us that the pastry chef believes that the perfect dessert should be sweet and salty, soft and crunchy, and hot and cold.

Anne and I each ordered one of these desserts and shared them. They were wonderful.

I had a great time celebrating our friend, Anne and I think everyone else did too!
Happy Birthday Anne!

(yes, everyone is crouched down on purpose in that picture...)

4 comments:

Jed and Anne said...

Thanks Alli for this posting! I had such a fun time that night, and I appreciate so much all that you did in order to put it together. The chocolate really called to me, and I enjoyed each savory morsel immensely! Thank you for your friendship, Alli! I am lucky to have a friend like you!

Anonymous said...

good times, good times! I love you girls!

Lindahl News 2 said...

You were sweet to take my sweetie for sweets!

Sarah said...

I love that picture of Anne in the car driving...especially since her car is so cool!