Saturday, December 30, 2006

No Place Like Home for the Holidays...

Luke and I spent Christmas in Connecticut (even though we have yet to watch Christmas in Connecticut).

We arrived on Thursday night, and O'Hare was running so incredibly smoothly that we were through security within 15 minutes of arriving at the airport (this included checking a bag each!). It was so quick, in fact, that we were able to get on standby for an earlier flight! Unfortunately our luggage didn't make it on the same flight. It all worked out though, because my mom met us at the airport, we grabbed a quick dinner (Quizno's for me, Coldstone for Luke), and headed back to the airport to pick up our luggage.

Friday was FULL of wedding stuff. Ten o'clock meeting with the caterer (got to try cake...mmm...), then to the rental place, and THEN to a potential rehearsal dinner site for lunch.

The afternoon involved shopping for shoes for Luke and finally relaxing a little bit at home.

In the evening, we got ready to go over to my aunt and Rob's (her fiance), for "wine and hors d'vours and stuff," is how I think my aunt put it. My mom encouraged me to change out of my favorite pair of jeans, which (as Luke had pointed out just that afternoon, and I had never noticed before) had worn holes at the pockets, and were showing small patches of my hot pink underwear (perhaps too much information, but I'm hoping that if you are reading my blog, you are someone I would feel comfortable sharing that with...). Shown here are my beloved jeans, stuffed with a pillow and a hot pink sock for effect:



Reluctantly, I obliged.


As we pulled up to my aunt's house, I was so focused on seeing the Christmas tree that Rob had assembled, that I didn't notice the extra cars around the cul-de-sac.


Coming into the house, I heard many extra voices, and wondered why my aunt would have invited other company while Luke and I were in town for just a weekend. Before I turned the corner into the dining room though, I caught on: It was a shower!

My aunt poured me a glass of wine, and Luke headed out the door (he opted out of the invitation to stay), and I got to spend the night catching up with friends and family. It was perfect.

Unfortunately, amidst all of the excitement I forgot to get out my camera until the end, and some people had already left, but here is a picture of Luke and I (he came to pick us up) with some of my beautiful friends:


If anyone has other pictures, I'd love to see them!

So, that was my bridal shower! And our first day at home for Christmas 2006.

I wonder if my blogs are getting too wordy...comments on that?

No comments: