Sunday, February 4, 2007

Bear Down, Chicago Bears

Or something like that...

The past week or so, the city seems to have been sieged by all things orange and blue.

One morning on my way to work, I spotted an el train painted like a Bears jersey. Passing the Art Institute, the lions wore blue and orange helmets (after their second fitting, every news station in the area informed us); and when I arrived at work, there was a Chicago Tribune mobile tailgate party handing out blue and orange beads.

Here's a picture from outside my work building, showing an example of the enthusiasm displayed all over the city. In the background, you can see the mobile tailgate party.



Don't get me wrong...I appreciate team spirit. I'm just not all that into football...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Alli,
Hey! I don't know how to contact you besides leaving a message here. I have a new blog. Check it out: http://www.sarahlookingin.blogspot.com