Saturday, March 17, 2007

An Irishwoman By Any Other Name...

Today, March 17, 2007, is my last St. Patrick's Day with an Irish last name.

Don't get me wrong, I love Luke like crazy, and can't wait to be a part of his family. And while I debated about keeping Tierney as my last name, I decided on my own (ok, Luke probably did do some persuading) that I would change my name. The idea is a little offensive to some of the more feminist tendencies within me, but that is a whole other entry...

And of all the names in the world to have, Halvorsen is certainly not a bad one. In fact, I think it is a pretty good one. Better than, for instance, O'Malley, would be for me.

Alli O'Malley

That would definitely be worse, even though it's Irish.

Or Ballison.

Allison Ballison.

Still, on a holiday that celebrates Irish heritage, I can't help but be nostalgic.

On a different note, the leprachauns dyed our milk green this morning!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

okay, "alli o'malley" had me laughing so hard i spit out my latte. here's to finding creative ways to integrate your heritage, and identity, into married coupledom - from two people who bucked tradition despite the weird look from the lady at the social security office. ;)

Ann-Marie said...

here you go, alli:

http://amoblog.blogspot.com/2007/03/i-heart-stampscom.html

hopefully this will be the solution to our postage woes!