The idea is to try different things, and we do use a different recipe every week, but there are a few ingredients that we can't seem to stay away from: garlic, basil, and tomatoes. Especially garlic. Jamie has been known to come home and ask whether a vampire had tried to get in.
Anyway, I thought that I would give you a sample of our Wednesday night dinners. This Wednesday Luke cooked. In my opinion, he is the better cook.
As you can see, he takes the directions very seriously.
He made Chicken with Basil Butter, Italian-Style Green Beans, and breadsticks (ok, so those were just Pillsbury).
We make a pretty big mess when we cook.
Unfortunately it was my turn to clean up. But, check out the final product:
It was so great! Not low in fat...but great. Plus, Luke took the leftovers to work the next day, and co-workers were impressed. His boss asked whether I had made it. Guess again.
Which brings me to the real goal of this blog: for you to help me convince Luke that he should do all of the cooking when we are married (he insists that I am not a bad cook, and that we share the cooking). What do you think?
3 comments:
go luke go! go luke go!
i know people who swap off this chore, but i can't help taking over the task and leaving steven to do dish duty. after nearly a year of this, he's ready to give up his dishwashing duties, but i love cooking too much! i should start a petition on MY blog to convince steven to get a portable dishwasher. ;)
Michael is the cook in our household and I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it! I'm more than happy to do dish duty when I come home from work to find a quality, warm meal on the table!
I THINK YOU SHOULD SHARE THE COOKING. GRAM
Post a Comment