...are what my brain is made of right now. Lists of what I need to do for work (HAP reports, go to off-site storage, mail letters for late recertifications, follow up on application for new position, return phone calls from last week when I was on audits in Peoria) and lists what I need to do for the wedding (order bubbles, keep track of guests, get guest baskets ready, make sure my dad and brothers get measured, finalize bulletin, ask Kristen to read scripture, will the photographer need a hotel room?), lists of things I need to do at my apartment (clean my room, clear out clothes I don't need so that Luke will actually have a place FOR his clothes, buy groceries so that I am not left with only cereal for dinner, make sure dishes are done and the garbage isn't smelly), lists of dates that I need to keep track of regarding all of the above (tomorrow is the day I go to off-site storage; reports are due on May 4th, instead of the 7th like they are supposed to be because on the 7th I have Fair Housing Training; also on May 7th the DJ form needs to be mailed back with the "play" and "don't play" songs; rent is due today, and Luke needs to sign the new lease; on May 5th people want me to babysit for them, which will help pay for wedding-related expenses, but do I already have plans that day? And did we return that video we rented last weekend?).
It is insane. Mostly good insane, but insane nonetheless.
9 comments:
I loved reading your thoughts right here Alli.
You'll make it.
one step at a time, one task at a time.
Thanks for the smile.
I know that feeling too. What a crazy time it is to just have lists flying around all over the place: on paper, in your mind, conflicting with everything but possiblly nothing at the same time. Thanks for your post - I know that you can do it, and you are doing a great job!
It'll all get done somehow, some way, sometime. Just take a deep breath and picture yourself in Mexico!!!!
It's almost over Alli! It will feel so good to see all of your hard work come together the day of and to be able to relax in Mexico with a margarita when the day is done!
i feel your (good) pain, girl.
so glad to know we'll be neighbors, though! (i signed the lease last week.)
just repeat the mantra my mother taught me (not that i couldn't have come up with it on my own): it will all get done, it will all get done, it will all get done . . .
Hi Alli! Good to find you on Facebook. I added your blog to my bookmarks so I'll keep myself updated... :) Kram from Maria (SVF)
you and luke will have to come by sometime to take a look at the paint job (which is mostly done minus a few nicks here and there) and the new shelf and lights in the kitchen. dave is definitely a handy man!
ps--i hope dave isn't making too much of a racket with his saw and whatnot. if so, just tell him so! ;)
pps--to answer your question, yes, i used my new name, even though it's not legally that yet. and i had to practice, too! it will take some getting used to, that's for sure! :)
Post a Comment