The guest room/office used to have the biggest...er...organizational difficulty. It ended up being the dumping grounds for everything that didn't have a place.
Somehow, though, we managed to get things in order for our first overnight guests-Luke's sisters Britt and Brooke (would you say sisters-in-law or sister-in-laws?).
We picked them up from the airport late on Friday night.

Saturday morning we got up and had cinnamon buns and after a tour of NPU, headed to Hot Doug's for some hot dogs and sausages. If you haven't been there, it is a great little hot dog hut that serves the basics and then some. For example, I got a rattlesnake sausage with blackberry fraiche and a cheese on top. We had to stand in line for 50 minutes, which I think is well worth it (although I can't speak for everyone involved...).
After church on Sunday morning we headed downtown and grabbed lunch at Potbelly's per Britt's request before we started of to Millenium Park and to explore Michigan Ave. a little bit.
Then we stopped by Navy Pier, where we rode the ferris wheel.
It was so nice to spend some time with Brooke and Britt, show off our city (and our alma mater) a little and for me to get to know them a little bit better!
5 comments:
what a fun time!
you'd say sisters-in-law. :)
and i used to work with hot doug himself, but i've never been to his joint! how sad is that?
yep, it's sisters-in-law.
i identified so much with your first paragraph, i rolled my eyes and put my head in my hands just recalling our first month of newlywed "bliss": somehow, even though steven had been in our apartment for three years, it was complete chaos getting my stuff in and both of our things merged and settled into a cozy space. glad to know you guys have made it happen!
Sisters in law sounds good but so does sister in laws....I'm bad with that. So I'll leave it to the above experts.
Your hair looks really cute in the picture of you and Chris, just had to tell you that.
Glad married life is going well!
Thanks Samara! Although, I wonder if you mean the picture of Luke and me?
How 'bout just calling them your SILS? Then grammatically, no one will know if it's sisters-in-law or sister-in-laws?!
Having been in your apartment quite a few times when you and Anne were roommates, I can visualize exactly what you mean with the guest room/office dilemna.
Looks like fun was had by all!
Post a Comment