Saturday, January 12, 2008

Christmas Break, Part II

Christmas Eve was spent at my grandparents' house.
My grandpa!

Check out that spread: salad, ham, cardamon buns, Swedish meatballs (my favorite), shrimp, cookies...Not a great picture of anyone, but lots of food!


My aunt and I

After getting back from my grandparents' house on Christmas Eve, we started getting ready for church. Just as we were about to put our coats on and get out the door, Sadie came prancing down the stairs like this:

Sadie, the red-nosed beagle

It was just too funny, and so appropriate for Christmas Eve.

On Christmas morning we opened presents at home. It was a late morning for the Tierney household-I think Luke and I got there around nine, and the "boys" were just waking up. We used to wake up at all hours of Christmas morning. I wouldn't doubt if we had once opened presents at 4 a.m.

I'm not kidding.
Michael helps Sadie check out the presents

Luke showing off his DVDs.

After opening presents, my dad cooked breakfast, and we started a game of Monopoly. Our board is very old, and somewhere along the way we had lost some of the playing pieces. So, we had to pick figurines for the pieces. We were also a little short on cash, but luckily Michael had some poker chips on hand!

I'm afraid I'll have to stop there, because Luke took the laptop to work with him today, which has most of my pictures on it. So, I guess this Christmas Break post is going to have at least a Part III!

1 comment:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Those pics are great...I loved the one of the red-nosed dog and the tomte as a monopoly piece. Good times!

Happy 2008...and return to classes at NPU!