Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Mystery Dirt

I'll get back to posting about our Christmas vacation in a little while, but for now, I want to tell you about the Mystery Dirt in our apartment.

I'm not talking about the "mystery dirt" that appears when we don't sweep our floors for a week. No, this is much more mysterious. I'm talking about the chunks of dirt that appear on our windowsills! We were gone for a week in Connecticut, and this is what we came back to.

Sure, you might think that it came from that pot on the windowsill, maybe there was a draft and the soil blew out of it. And that would make some sense, although I would still wonder how it had gotten so far away from the pot; I mean, that must be some draft.

But the dirt is on our other big windowsill too, in the living room!


Chunks. of. dirt. Actually, this time they seemed more like ash. I vacuumed them up, but no doubt they'll be back again within a week.

In the summer we assumed that it was just some dirt coming in through the window screens somehow. But this is winter! We keep our storm windows down and our windows CLOSED! I can't understand it.

If you have any suggestions as to what this mystery dirt is, and how we might stop it, please let me know.

7 comments:

Ingrid said...

Very interesting indeed! I have mystery dust in our apartment but nothing like chunks of dirt!

simplicity said...

That is weird about the dirt.

I love your new header picture. It's beautiful! Did you take it somewhere?

Ann-Marie said...

ohp, you caught us! while you were gone, dave and i broke into your apartment and sprinkled dirt and ashes on your windowsills!

;)

that is bizarre . . . any new clues about what it might be?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

bugs!