Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Block Party!

This Saturday there was a block party in our church neighborhood, co-sponsored by the neighborhood and our church.

It was a beautiful day, and after spending the morning in the kitchen baking cakes for the cake walk, Luke and I went over to help out and join in the festivities, which included face painting, (fake) tattoos, BBQing, tie-dying, beads, bean bag toss, great food, and lots more. My pictures aren't great, but they at least give you an idea of what a nice day it was and how much there was for the neighborhood kids (and adults) to enjoy.
Tie dye

The arrival of the ponies (anxiously awaited, obviously)

Beads

Violet joining in on the fun with TK

Cubs (and Sox) game

Bean bag toss

Cakes for the cake walk

Luke, enjoying some food

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It was a beautiful day for a block party...and a cake walk! I wish I could have won one!