Saturday, December 6, 2008

Luke don't read!

(In case you missed the title, Luke, don't read this!)

I am plumb out of ideas for a Christmas present for Luke.  

I would like his gift to be something that is not an object (sweater, electronic, CD, etc.), although if it was personal enough, that would be alright.  I would prefer something that we could do together, or something that takes up time rather than...space.  

My first thought was a class that a restaurant was offering on how to make the "Perfect Pizza Crust."  Nice idea, but it happened to land right in the middle of our finals week, and they don't offer any others. 

I checked concert tickets, other cooking classes, and googled "thoughtful christmas gifts."  

However, I refuse to bake my husband a fruit cake, mold a candle with his initials in it, create a backpack from a used sweater, or give him a gift certificate for a back massage from his wife. 

I want to give him something that is fun, and inexpensive, and not wasteful, but is also not ridiculously lame.  

Any ideas?  


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain on this one. I have such a hard time finding gifts for Corey too. I actually got him a massage 3 or 4 years ago... he still hasn't used it!

I'll be checking back to see what kinds of suggestions you get - hopefully something will work for me too!

Ann-Marie said...

Dance lessons?
Dinner out at a nice restaurant?
A show downtown?

Sarah said...

How about a cooking class at the Chopping Block? I want to take "Knife Skills." Maybe he already has those, but they seem to offer lots of other interesting ones. Good luck.

Hauna said...

A trip to the time-space tank? jk.
You could go to a spa together. Or make pottery at that place on Lincoln.

(p.s. it was a nice surprise to see this new post before the promised date!)

Lindahl News 2 said...

How about a photo journal of your adventures together? Even printing off some of your blogs would work...you could place them in a nice photo book thing with additional pictures maybe?

And, by the way, I DID make a felted backpack. Ha!

Alli said...

No offense, Deb, I have no problem with felted backpacks...I'm just not sure it's Luke's style so much... : )

Thanks for all of your help! I still haven't figured anything out, but I've got some ideas, and after tomorrow (last final) I'll have lots of time!

Lindahl News 2 said...

Hi again... Wes would never EVER consider using a felted backpack!
Can you see him on campus with it?
Just had to give you the biz. Sorry!

Good luck with your last final tomorrow and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!