I planned a day in which there were several options for each meal, and for the morning, afternoon, and evening. Some were free activities and others were not, but if he chose an activity that was free over one that cost money, he was "rewarded" with a gift.
I gave Luke his meal options the day before, so that I could shop for anything I would need to make.
The morning began with me cooking French toast and bacon, which Luke stayed in bed and picked out his remote control helicopter, his reward for choosing not to eat out all day.
Next (still in our pajamas), Luke chose to play Risk, a game I generally refuse to play because of the length of time it takes to play, and my lack of skill at most strategy games. Needless to say, Luke won.
After that we had time to play a game of Uno, where I was able to redeem myself from the earlier Risk game.
When we got home, we enjoyed my pizza, made from scratch the day before. Looks tasty, no? We are still searching for a pizza rezipe that will live up to this miracle they call a pizza, so if you have a good pizza dough recipe, let us know!
So that was Luke's Day O' Fun. I think he really enjoyed it, and it was a lot of fun to have an entire day together to do nothing but relax and have fun.
Thanks again for all of your suggestions, they certainly inspired some creativity in me!
5 comments:
What a great idea, Alli! I love that it didn't really matter WHAT you did as long as you were TOGETHER! You guys are so cute!
What a great idea, Alli! It looked like a blast, and I bet that Luke enjoyed it as well. What a creative present you came up with!
Alli, you are so clever! I'm sure Luke felt deeply appreciated and loved as a result of your creative, thoughtful touches on his special day. This sounds like it would be a great idea for a day with kids, too, empowering them to make choices on their own while being able to monitor their options. Happy birthday, Luke!
How clever you are to come up with this Choose-Your-Own Adventure
Day O' Fun!
(Did you read those books when you were a young'un? I'm sad to say that those books are no longer the hottest series flying off our library shelves. DIARY OF A WIMPY KID is the hot hot stuff now at our library.)
I love this idea Alli! Thanks for sharing Luke's Day O' Fun!
Post a Comment