I am officially on break from school for the summer! And I've got all kinds of plans.
On June 1st, I start a position as a Nurse Intern at Swedish Covenant Hospital. I'll be working 3 days a week essentially as a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant), and on a fourth day of the week, I'll be able to follow a nurse and help give care along with him or her. I'm excited to get some extra time in the hospital, since I still have a LOT to learn.
Until then, though, we've got all kinds of things going on. Next weekend we will have family in town, because after finishing school in December, Luke is finally graduating!
I've also got a Cubs game to go to (Luke has two), a bachelorette party to attend, some babysitting to do, and I have been dying to have a chance to cook a halfway decent meal, and do some baking.
Over Memorial Day weekend, we'll go to Sioux Falls to attend the baptism of our friends' new daughter, and to celebrate the graduations of Luke's cousins. It will be Bellah's first road trip!
I'm also looking for a book, and would gladly take any suggestions. I've already taken up the advice of Heath and Thais (not sure who wrote the post), and put Never A City So Real on hold at my local library, but I think that will be a quick read.
If you have any suggestions, post them in the comments, but let me give you this disclaimer: for whatever reason, I have an aversion to reading classics, so if you are going to recommend one, I would appreciate your giving a compelling argument for reading it.
6 comments:
Congratulations, Alli!
Any book by Kathleen Norris (Dakota or Cloister Walk would be the first two I would pick)
East of Eden...my all time favorite. If you don't like classics, just pretend it's not one.
Those are my two suggestions. I'm liking the increased blogging going on with your new time.
If you haven't already read it, I highly recommend the Twilight series. They are fantastic books!
Not a classic...Stones From the River by Ursula Hegi. It's a not an "easy" read but it sure got me hooked.
The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan
The Shack
hmm I'll have to think of some more for you!
Hi Alli!! I thought your comment on We're expecting was hilarious! She (your cat) looks adorable.
Post a Comment