Ever since my brother and I talked my parents into getting Bridget, our late dalmation, our house has never been empty of pets, and at some points has held up to five pets (three dogs and two cats).
So, when I called from college in December of my sophomore year and asked whether we could bring home a beagle puppy a friend was unable to take care of, my mom couldn't say no. After a 15+ hour drive from Chicago, my family (and especially my dad) fell head over heels for the (not-yet-toilet-trained) pup.
A few weeks ago, my family lost our sweet Sadie. In typical beagle fashion, Sadie was disobedient, disruptive, demanding...and undeniably doted on. As my mom says, she "ran the household." She was as lovable as she was stubborn, and as many times as my family threatened to ship her to Chicago, they would not have given her up for anything.

We love you, Sade, and you will be missed terribly!
3 comments:
I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a pet. I recently watched Marley & Me and was a sobbing mess thinking of my dog that died over 2 years ago. They really do become part of the family.
I hear you about Marley and Me...TK and I couldn't even look at each other during the end cause we were such a mess! Sorry about Sadie, Alli. Pets can just never be replaced!
I'm sorry to hear about Sadie. As a former beagle owner, I can attest to their stubborn nature as well as the ease with which they worm their way into your affections.
Post a Comment