Monday, February 8, 2010

Fun with Laundry Baskets

Our cat Rita is the type of cat they coined the phrase "Curiosity killed the cat," about. She is always into trouble. Just tonight we came back into the living room after five minutes in the kitchen to find her halfway into a bag of tortilla chips we had been eating.

One of her favorite things to do is to play in or around laundry baskets. She likes to be in them and reach for things outside of them, or be outside of them and try to get toys (or laundry) out of them. Sometimes we'll tip the baskets over her head and let her sit in them. She seems to like it, like she is in her own protective shell.

One night after I had finished putting away a load of laundry, I plopped the basket down over her head, and let her hang out in it for a while. I had been sitting in the living room for several minutes (having forgotten that I had left her this way) whenI heard a strange noise coming from the hallway. Rita had left the bedroom and was on her way into the dining room, all with the basket over her head. I couldn't resist getting a video.


4 comments:

Melissa said...

This is TOTALLY something Cosie would do! In fact...I think she did it last night. Sounds like our cats have a lot in common! Your video made me laugh out loud. :)

simplicity said...

So, so funny Alli! I love it!

On a different note, Henry did this to Evie yesterday when I was down the hall, she didn't enjoy it as much as your cat did! :)

Anne Bassett said...

haha! I love it! I want to try it with Oliver sometime! :)

Ingrid said...

Your poor poor poor three-legged cat!