Well, once again it's been almost a month since I've updated this blog. I don't know how time goes by so fast.
Last Wednesday I turned 28. I have been around for almost 3 decades. But let's not dwell on that. Here is how I spent my birthday:
I opened cards and gifts from family in bed with the kittens




I made lunch

Luke hates when I use the computer as a cookbook.
It makes him nervous to have it sitting among flour and raw eggs.
But it was my birthday.

I made a cake.
I ate dinner at a new neighborhood restaurant with my love
I never feel like I have enough time in the kitchen, and always have something that I want to try, so I used my birthday as an excuse to play in the kitchen all day, making pasta, marinara sauce, and coconut layer cake from scratch.
Our original dinner plan was to walk to the Lincoln Square Farmers' Market to get a pizza and ice cream, but we didn't realize that the market was closing an hour earlier now that it is getting darker! That was a huge disappointment, but the BBQ was more than satisfying, and I was glad to have an excuse to try the new place!
So far, 28 has been a pretty good year. Here's hoping it gets even better from here!






No comments:
Post a Comment