Saturday, March 19, 2011

A New Venture

Well, friends, I have something of an announcement to make.

I started a baking blog!

I have no idea what will come of it, but it's something that I've been wanting to do for a while now, and have been working on for a few weeks. I wanted to make sure that I was really committed to it before I let anyone know about it, so I have been waiting until I have a few posts up.

I have a lot of work to do--it's rather bland looking, and I created it with wordpress rather than Blogger, so I'm unfamiliar with a lot of how to format my page and all. I'm also realizing that it is intimidating to be writing for an intended audience of both friends and (potentially) strangers. And my pictures are quite mediocre. Maybe I'll need to hire a photographer (read: sucker Luke into taking a few pictures).

Maybe I sound like I'm taking this too seriously, and I realize that this might just be a place for me to collect recipes and pictures for myself and friends and family. But the fact is that there ARE people who make a modest living doing this, and I don't presume to be a good enough baker, writer or photographer to do that (not to mention that all of my recipes at this point are NOT original), but a girl can dream, right?

Anyhow, without further ado, my baking blog.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Following it now!!!!

Amy and Andrew said...

Good for you, Alli! You are a fantastic baker and this is a great idea. Can't wait to follow your baking adventures!

Unknown said...

Good for you for trying something new! I'll be sure to follow it! :)