Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring

I am doing my best not to let Chicago fool me. I know better than that. I know that one 50 degree day is just as likely to be followed by a major snow storm as it is to be followed by another 50 degree day.

Still, I can't help getting a little bit excited about being able to forego my down jacket for my fleece, drive with the moon roof open, or open the windows a crack, even if it is just for a few hours.

We've got a lot to look forward to this spring. Luke will have started his new job, I will be cutting back my hours at work, we'll be closer to our trip to France (oh, have I mentioned that we're going to France?), and I'll be closer to having worked as a nurse for a year, which ups my chances of getting a new job, including the possibility of working (still for Swedish) as a home health nurse.

I'm not pulling out my flip flops yet, but in the spirit of cautious optimism that spring will one day grace Chicago with its presence again, I stopped by the floral department during my last trip to the grocery store and picked up these spring-y bunches.


1 comment:

Amy and Andrew said...

Some exciting things indeed!