Saturday, February 24, 2007

Valentine's Day

I'm not really much for Valentine's Day overall (I think I spent one too many junior high and high school years daydreaming about a flower on my locker, and finding it empty), but I do like the excuse to do something special.

This Valentine's Day happened to fall right in the middle of a pretty big snow storm. Still, I got up early in the morning, so that Luke and I could ride the el together to work (me) and to school (him). It sounds sappy, I know, but it was not a bad way to start the day.

After work, I trudged through the snow from the el to Luke's apartment, where he was waiting for me with half a dozen gorgeous roses.

We spent the next half hour trying to get my car out of the snow! Finally, we made it to my apartment, where I made Luke dinner (it was Wednesday night, and my turn to cook). Filet mignon with a lime garlic butter, baked sweet potatoes, and asparagus. I was a little disappointed (which is pretty much par for the course when I cook for other people...), but Luke insisted that everything was delicious.

I had also bought tickets to This American Life for us for Valentine's Day (OK, so really I just wanted badly to go, and Valentine's Day was a good excuse), so that's where we'll be this Thursday! It is a live show at the Chicago Theater. I can't wait!

No comments: