Lucky for me, I got to wear mine again last weekend as Luke and I celebrated our marriage with friends and family in Sioux Falls.
We first had a ceremony of sorts, which consisted of the scripture and hymn ("Be Thou My Vision") from our wedding, and congregational and pastoral blessings.
We were especially grateful to be able to celebrate with Luke's grandparents, who weren't able to make it out to the wedding.
I was able to meet a few extended family members for the first time, as well as finally meet Luke's cousin Tim, who is in the Navy and had always been away when we had spent time with his family before this.
It was great to get to spend time with people who had not been at the wedding (or some who had come!), and to receive their blessing.
5 comments:
I've always wanted M&Ms with my name on them! LUCKY!
what a treat to get to wear your dress twice! sometimes i think i should go get mine from my parents' house (it still hasn't been dry-cleaned) and do dishes in it, like monica on friends. ;)
i'm kidding. seriously.
Very cool that you got to wear your dress again! Love the pics.
Wow, a 2nd wedding kind of. :) Congrats!
Aw! :-)
Post a Comment