Sunday, September 9, 2007

My New Schedule

I found out on Friday what is going to happen with my job once school starts. It is kind of a long story, and I won't bore you with the details, but essentially what will happen is that when I start school, I will begin working 32.5 hours a week (versus the 37.5 that I work now), and will continue to do that until IHDA is able to figure out what will be done with the position that I am doing (whether they can fill it with a new person, or whether the person who had previously been doing it will be coming back from medical leave...to make a long story shorter...).

After that I will hopefully stay on in a more part-time capacity in order to train the person who they hire.

It is really an ideal situation, since the hours of my classes really make it difficult to work around, unless it was going to be something retail, and my job right now will definitely pay me more than a job like that would.

So, all of that means that my schedule, beginning September 24, will look like this:
Mondays & Wednesdays
6:30am-leave for work
7:30am-10:30am-Work
11am-1:50pm-Microbiology
2:30pm-5:30pm-Work
6:30pm-arrive home

Tuesdays & Thursdays

Repeat Mondays & Wednesdays, substituting Anatomy and Physiology for Microbiology

Friday
7:30-5:00-Work

So. Like I said, this is a good situation, but adding an hour and a half to my day and trying to get homework done on top of that will definitely keep me busy.

Don't be surprised if you see more of this in the coming months;
(I didn't actually take this picture for this post; if you wondered. It just seemed appropriate)

4 comments:

Ingrid said...

Oh Alli! Your beauty really shines in that picture!

Jed and Anne said...

I agree that the picture is quite fitting... I am so glad that your schedule is going to work out for you. It must feel so good to be able to work and fit your classes into your schedule. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel! You can do it!

Hauna said...

You're funny! and cute! I'm glad you've finally got this whole thing resolved, and I'm sure you can rise to the challenge! Allison Halvorsen, RN. Nice.