As it turned out, the nursing program isn't accredited.
It is state-approved, which means that I could still be a nurse. The problem is that I just don't know how much I would be limiting myself by investing so much in and graduating from an unaccredited program. Job-wise it probably wouldn't be a huge deal, but if I wanted to get an MSN or even complete my BSN, would a degree from an unaccredited program be unacceptable? I know that there are schools that would accept me, but even if there is a single one out there that wouldn't, I don't want to limit myself right now, when I am just starting my education. Or rather, just starting my education again.
The point is: I am leaving Robert Morris forever. I am returning to North Park.
Slightly pathetic? Possibly. But I feel really good about it. A great nursing program, about the same $ as I would have spent at RMC, a Bachelor's degree, and (possibly the best part), for the first time in two and a half years, I will have a commute that won't involve the el. Or a car for that matter.
And that is the update on my life.
6 comments:
yay! I'm so happy you'll be at North Park!! And I am already jealous of your commute. I hope I can find one like it!! :)
But, what about the cool one-piece outfit?
Seriously, I am happy to hear you are doing what you need to do to get where you need to be. All the best!
Alli, I'm so happy for you!!! (And it is hardly pathetic!)
We need a big celebration when you finish at IDHA! Good luck on your tests this week! And your science fair project. :)
Welcome to the world of being a North Park student ALL OVER AGAIN!
I am proud of you Alli...and what a great commute it will be! Good for you for this new start.
Pathetic? Not at all!
Good for you!
And yeah NPU (I'm jealous!)
Post a Comment