Thursday, November 1, 2007

Erik and Erika

Luke and I drove up to Minnesota this weekend for another Halvorsen family wedding this past weekend. Luke's cousin Erika married Erik that Friday night. Yes, they almost have the same name, and yes, they know it is amusing.
Erik and Erika

It was a great fall night, and both the ceremony and reception were at the Mill City Museum in Minneapolis. I wish I had a better picture of the museum, because it was really pretty cool-almost warehouse-like, but had a balcony that you could step out on with a view of the ruin of the old mill itself.
The old mill

Us

Opa, Adam (Luke's cousin), Leah (Adam's wife), Luke's Uncle Torre

After a sweet ceremony, appetizers and drinks were served, and I was able to meet Luke's dad's cousins from New York for the first time. They were a riot. Honestly. I have never met people like them in a Scandinavian family!
The New Yorkers, Luke's dad and Aunts Sheryll, Laurie, and Gail,
and Oma and Opa

The next morning Luke's Aunt Sheryll (Erika's mom) and her husband Steve hosted a brunch at their home.
The spread

Brooke and Gail at the brunch

We spent the afternoon studying at a nearby Caribou (wondering if we might run into Samara), before stopping by Luke's grandparents' (Oma and Opa) house to visit with family some more.
My studious (and handsome) husband

For dinner on Saturday night, we were able to meet up with our friends Nick and Beth, who had been married in Sioux Falls the same night as Erika and Erik, and were honeymooning in Minneapolis. It was fun to see them, and hear about their wedding day! We had a great dinner at Bubba Gump.
The other newlyweds of the weekend, posing as Forrest Gump and friend

The next morning we got up early to have breakfast with Luke's dad, stepmom and Britt and Brooke, and left for home.
Along the way we stopped at a winery in Wisconsin where we sampled some wine and explored a little bit. It was a good way to break up the trip.

The winery

Grapes


A cute picture of us that I ruined by closing my eyes...Grr...

And now we are home sweet home until Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Ingrid said...

Alli, did you take a nap during the picture?

Alli said...

If I did, I am certainly having a great dream!

Anonymous said...

Alli, Do you have any idea how close the Mill City Museum is to my parents house??!?? SO CLOSE! And I'm guessing that's the Caribou on Washington Avenue, one I used to visit DAILY when I worked downtown!

Ahh, perhaps the next time you two travelers hit my great state you should email me, because I'd love to see you and enjoy a coffee with your company :)

Lindahl News 2 said...

There's so much truth to the joys of being home: "East or West, Home is best!"

Looks like you are still keeping up yourselves, though. Whew.