Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas Break, Part I

Wow, where to start after two weeks of vacation.

Luke and I had a really great time, on what was my longest break from school and work simultaneously since sometime just after college.

We left early on the 19th to see my family in Connecticut.

That night, Luke cooked his fantastic fresh marinara sauce for my family (I helped...a little).
































After dinner, we put up the nativity.


































We spent the next couple of days relaxing, shopping, and getting ready for Christmas.

My mom was sick on Sunday, the day we had planned on baking cardamon buns, so I had to make them myself! The recipe is one that I brought home from Sweden with me, but I haven't made it without my mom in years. A couple of batches burned, but I think over all they came out alright.


I also got my first taste of snowshoeing that day, with my aunt!

That night, my aunt and Rob (our gracious hosts for the week) hosted a fondue night at their house. My grandparents came over and we had some very tasty fondue for dinner and dessert.
























Grandma and I in the fondue pot

Later that night, my aunt, Rob, Luke and I played a rousing game of Taboo.
Some enjoyed it more than others. : )

And that takes us all the way up to Christmas Eve...I think I'll save that for another post.



No comments: