Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Decor

A couple of weekends ago, Luke and I dug our Christmas stuff out of the basement, and got our apartment ready for the holidays. Thanks to a shower last year around Christmas, Luke and I had a good amount of ornaments for our tree. I also collected a few things from Sweden, when I studied there in college.

Here's a look at our apartment this holiday season.

The front hallway


Santa and candle-less candleholder from Sweden in front hallway


Mobile my grandma gave me last Christmas. Luke happened to be out of the room while I was taking this out, and when he came out, thought that I had crafted it while he was gone!


Our dining room


Tomte from Sweden, and Christmas cards received


Living room


Carl Larsson figurines; also from Sweden. I like them because 1) they are cute, and


2) They can kiss, or be mad.


Our nativity-my mom buys me/us a new piece or two every year. New this year? The stars and the three wise men.


Finally, our tree!
My first fake tree.
Maybe more on that later...


Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Alli! I just love what you have done to the place for the holidays!
And your paint colors look MAH-velous. Merry Christmas!!

Ingrid said...

HAHA! I was thinking you could use the Carl Larsson dolls as a way of communicating with Luke. If you're mad at him but, like many of us women, want him to figure out on his own that your mad at him, then you could put the dolls mad at each other. It could be his little hint without you having to say "Luke, I'm mad at you." And then, when you happy with him, you can make the dolls kiss again. Maybe I should get myself some of those dolls. It would open up a whole new world of communication!

ashley said...

you're place looks great! I was excited to see the picture I took of you guys at the wedding in front of Santa :) Hope you guys had a great Christmas!