Monday, February 4, 2008

For My Grandma

When we were home over Christmas, my grandma asked us what the drive out to South Dakota was like. So, when we drove out there for New Year's, I took a few (blurry) pictures (and for the record, yes, my grandma does use the internet).



It's pretty flat and bare (especially in the winter, without all the crops), but there are trees all around the farmhouses to protect them from the wind (just learned that last time I was there).
This is one of my favorite parts of the trip because it starts to get a little bit hilly. And after too much time here in the Midwest, I appreciate seeing hills.


And then it gets flat again...

This is just a picture I took of Luke because I thought it was funny how pink his face turned in the sunset.
Well, Gram, that's that. It's flat. And there are farms. And that is just about rural Midwest in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Just feel like I have been on a road trip to South Dakota, too.Even better, though, was not having to get in and out of the car in the cold for it!

Anonymous said...

Alli.Thanks for the trip to South Dakota. You know how I love my mountains in VERMONT. I think I would look forward to a hill too.