Friday, January 25, 2008

Quality Friday: Time

This is my first "quality friday" post, and I'm not sure that I'll be making a habit out of it, but anyhow, here goes...

If you don't know already, I started school at North Park again last Monday.

The biggest change so far is in figuring out how to manage my time. I get home at 2 o'clock in the afternoon! Not to mention the fact that, depending on the day, I have an hour or two gap between classes in the mornings.

So I am learning (slowly, hopefully surely...) to manage my time. But in the meantime, I have had a great week enjoying the newfound "free" time (read: time during which I should probably technically be studying).

On Monday, (no classes on MLK, Jr. Day), I relaxed with Luke in the morning, before he had to go to work, and spend the afternoon making corn chowder to have later in the week.

Tuesday night, Luke and I hosted our new Table Talk group (church small group) at our apartment, which we are looking forward to hosting (not leading) every other week.

Wednesday night we had a delicious dinner with our friends Dave and Ann-Marie, before a rousing game of Harry Potter Scene-It. Yes, you read that correctly, there is a Harry Potter Scene-It.

I spent yesterday afternoon with Hauna (granted, it happened to be a result of me locking myself out of my apartment, but it was nonetheless enjoyable), came home to have dinner with Luke, and then met Anne at Starbucks for a little bit of catch-up time!

As the third week of school looms ahead, and the first exams are within sight, I'm sure that I will be prioritizing my time better in the coming weeks, but I have certainly enjoyed this time while it lasts!

3 comments:

simplicity said...

I agree! Enjoy it while it lasts Alli! Sounds like you got lots of quality moments last week!

Happy weekend!

Ingrid said...

Oh man...I so agree about the time management. When I first quit work I was TERRIBLE at managing my time (i.e. waking up at 9:30 and sitting around until 11:00 a.m. drinking coffee before I actually did anything productive). Enjoy the free time. It really is a blessing to be able to slow down especially after you had such a busy schedule.

Ann-Marie said...

i'm sure you'll figure out your time management groove . . . especially as tests begin to loom overhead. :)

we had so much fun with you and luke on wednesday. let's do it again sometime soon!