Monday, February 11, 2008

Snow

I'm sitting here on my couch inside my (relatively) warm apartment, and it is snowing. Again.

One one hand, it's hardly had a chance to get all brown and slushy in between snowfalls, so it really has made things pretty. On the other, I'd like to be able to leave my apartment without boots one day.

Now that we're married, Luke and I don't need to trek through the snow to see each other and can stay cozy in our apartment if we want to. A negative side effect to that is that it makes me want to stay inside our apartment and never leave. Especially not to work out. It also makes me want to have lots of warm baked goods around. NOT a good combination.

I think I've had enough of winter now. Spring, come anytime.

Okay, so we do venture out sometimes. Like for a weekend breakfast at Tre Kronor (how could we resist?).

7 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

This winter's snow is something else, isn't it?

Thank goodness for Tre K!

Ingrid said...

SUMMER WHERE HAVE YOU GONE???????? Oh Alli, I can so agree with you! I'm really ready for this winter to be over....ready to not have to worry if I'm going to be stuck in hours of traffic due to weather. And I'm especially ready to have all of the potholes patched so that I don't fear breaking my car every time I drive!

Alli said...

Oh don't even get me started on the potholes. Ridiculous!

Jed and Anne said...

I agree as well...about the weather and the potholes. Yuck!

Ann-Marie said...

it has been pretty, which isn't always something that can be said for chicago snows, but enough already!

did you see me totally bite it on the ice by my car as you drove away at 5:30 this morning? ouch.

Alli said...

Oh no, we didn't see that!

I can relate though, I almost landed on my butt three or four times on the way to school this morning-the ice was so tricky hidden beneath the flurry coating!

Melissa said...

Hear, hear! Your post sounds like a lot of my recent rumblings - although thankfully, AMO helps keep me in line when it comes to our morning workouts. :) Here's to warmer days ahead!