
I have been working in the school library for the summer, working on a much-needed inventory project. When I'm not upstairs scanning books, I am down in Technical Services fixing a few of the many problem books, mostly a boring job, but with occasional interesting points. The other day, I came across the book above, published in 1768. Quite the title, no?
Of course the copy North Park holds is almost 100 years old, and looks much different from the one pictured. I didn't have the chance to take a very close look at it, but aren't you just so curious to know what in the world he is talking about?
Judging by the Wikipedia entry about this guy, he just might have known a little something about the "pleasures of insanity." Being able to freely visit heaven and hell? I suppose anything's possible...
2 comments:
I read the entry about him and he is a very interesting...and by interesting I mean strange...man. Can people check out that book?
They sure can! I believe it should be back on the shelves now that it's got a barcode!
Post a Comment