One day in early June, Luke and I treated ourselves to a Cubs game. Our seats weren't great, but we had a great time and enjoyed an Old Style and a Cubs win on a chilly afternoon.
Luke has been busy co-coaching our church softball team. We had a really great and fun season and are in the playoffs next week! By the way, don't be fooled by my "we" language here. I have virtually no part in the team. I did play catcher for one inning, but I didn't even have to touch the ball! The few years I spent in Little League were more than enough softball for me (just ask my parents).
Hauna and I splurged on pavilion seats at Ravinia to see our girls Amy and Emily (the Indigo Girls). It was the first time either of us had sat in the pavilion (instead of the lawn), and I'd say that it was well worth it for us.So far we've only been to the beach once. Luckily it was a beautiful day. Luke and I both managed to burn ourselves raw, but what's a summer without aloe vera?


Last weekend we headed up to Wisconsin for a church camping trip. We really love our church community, and were excited to spend the weekend with them and use our new camping equipment (our anniversary gift to each other-it's the cotton anniversary, and tents used to be made of cotton...is that too much of a stretch).Unfortunately, Luke only made it for a few hours at the campsite before the Dairy Queen burger he had had on the way up got the best of him. We drove home in the middle of the night, where Luke rested and I slept for a few hours before driving back up to WI again the next afternoon. It was disappointing for Luke to miss out on the rest of the trip, and he was missed (especially by me!), but overall it was a great and relaxing trip.



So that's just a little bit of what we've been up to. I finished up my internship last week, and now I am babysitting and working sporadically until we leave for Connecticut and New Hampshire to visit my family and attend Jamie and Joey's wedding! Luke's been working quite a bit, too, he'll even get some overtime this week I think, which is good for money, but not good for soaking up the last moments of summer!
Maybe not everyone feels the same urgency to savor August as those of us who are in school and have begun the countdown to the return to classes and homework, but I am frantically scraping together any summer-y plans I can for the next two weeks. I'll keep you posted (maybe).
1 comment:
Sounds like a great summer so far. I always feel that way in August too...how can it almost be over so soon? :( I know humans weren't meant to work in offices...at least I wasn't! I'm contemplating my escape.
Post a Comment