For whatever reason, having a lot of studying to do really seems to give me the urge to do something creative, like cooking, or baking, or even knitting. Sitting in the library today all I could think about are the apples and pumpkins we have sitting at home, just waiting for Luke and I to have a few spare hours to turn them into pies.
Fortunately for you, my loyal blog readers (those who I haven't turned off by weeks of stagnation at a time), blogging seems to be the least time-consuming creative outlet available to me.
So, let me finally tell you about Jamie and Joey's wedding day!
We bridesmaids and Jamie all got ready in a (steamy) Plymouth unit at Pilgrim Pines.
Jamie's dress
Lots of garters: one for Joey to find, one tothrow, and one that was...borrowed? new? old?
I can't remember. In any case, a LOT of garters.
Lexi, Jamie's adorable niece and flower girl. (Yes, that is her Cosmo that Mallory is sitting on)
Makeup timeAfter girls-only pictures by the lake, we headed over the the Undercroft (under the chapel), to wait for the ceremony. We joked, prayed, got a stain out of Jamie's dress, and took care of any last minute prepping/planning.
Relaxing in the Undercroft before the ceremony.Thank goodness for air conditioning (sorry, boys).
The ceremony pictures are really not worth posting, since Luke was not close to the aisle, and I wasn't sure that Jamie would approve of me standing up in front with Luke's Nikon slung around my neck (she was such a picky bride).
Take it from me, the ceremony was very sweet and personal, and it resulted in the marriage of these two lovely people:
Take it from me, the ceremony was very sweet and personal, and it resulted in the marriage of these two lovely people:
The Rivas's!(I'm really not sure about the grammar here...anyone?)
Does her lobster bib look familiar?
The wedding coordinator didn't want to risk
Jamie getting Chicken Parm on her dress!
We all danced the night away at the reception, and Luke had a lot of fun getting to know the others at his table, including some of Jamie's coworkers and the husband of another bridesmaid.
It was a great night to celebrate the marriage a lovely couple. The only thing I would have changed is for them to have Ollie as ringbearer. Oh well. For more (better) pictures of the wedding, check out Jamie's blog!

4 comments:
Allison- I wish I had known you thought we should have had Ollie as ringbearer! Come to think of it...if ANYONE had even mentioned the idea, I would have agreed with it in a second! ;-)
asfarasthe grammar goes, I believe it would be the Rivas' but i'm still trying to figure that out.... i know, horrible teacher!
You sound bitter about your fall break...as you should.
Dear Alli, Happy Anniversary! It has been 1 whole month since you posted on your blog. Enjoy this special day!!!!!
Post a Comment