These few weeks are the longest real summer vacation I have had in a LONG time.
I have worked a full-time (even if only a temporary and/or camp) job every summer since I turned 16. While I technically have a job, there is still some confusion about whether not I can actually work it (now that I am qualified to work as a registered nurse), and I haven't scheduled myself for any hours, since I had jury duty yesterday and had no idea what that would mean for my availability.
I will be starting a full-time, nursing job in the middle of July (!), but to have these weeks of freedom feels pretty amazing. So far I have let them slip by with few summer activities, occupying my time mainly with cleaning (incredibly, there has been enough cleaning/organizing to keep me busy for a week+ straight already), paperwork, and studying for the NCLEX.
But as my days of freedom slip away not-so-slowly, I am realizing that summer is going to pass by before I even know it, especially once I start working.
So, without further ado, here is my list of things I am hoping to do this summer, before or after my 'vacation' ends*:
Go to the beach
Go to the zoo
Go Camping
Visit a State Park (hiking?)
Kayak/canoe on river
Take a long bike ride and picnic
Lawn games
See fireworks
Farmers' markets! Lots of them
Take a long bike ride and picnic
Lawn games
See fireworks
Farmers' markets! Lots of them
Take pictures
Go to Ravinia
Cubs game
Take a day trip
Play mini-golf and get ice cream
Try one new neighborhood restaurant (Merla's or the new BBQ place?)
Sew something. Anything.
Campfire
Cubs game
Take a day trip
Play mini-golf and get ice cream
Try one new neighborhood restaurant (Merla's or the new BBQ place?)
Sew something. Anything.
Campfire
Fish downtown
Ice cream at Margie's
Ice cream at Margie's
*I should note that I made
this list relying heavily on (read: almost outright copying) others' summer lists.
For now, I am headed downtown to pick up a transcript from Robert Morris College (a.k.a. one of the few decisions in my life I regret), which means a couple of hours on the el for reading, and possibly some time to walk around downtown in this beautiful 75 degree weather!
Have anything to add to my summer to-dos?
4 comments:
Come to Sioux Falls and come with me to B&G Milkyway :)
May I join you?
Great list Alli! Haven't checked in on you guys in awhile. I am loving your photos, did you get a new, fancy camera?
Lauren-good one! It's on our list of to-do's, although I don't know when we'll be able to get out there! We'll see.
Samara-no new camera, but Luke has a fancy one that he's had for a few years and I've all but abandoned my point-and-shoot for his Nikon.
Post a Comment