With Luke off of work last weekend, and the film he was editing just about finished, we decided to use Friday night for a date downtown.
I met Luke downtown at work, and we headed to the Art Institute, where we got in free with a pass from the Chicago Public Library. I had made us a picnic dinner, which we weren't able to check at the museum, so we first headed to the museum garden to eat the shrimp and pesto penne, salad greens, grapes, and mini trifle I had packed.

We explored the museum for a bit before walking around downtown, and heading to Navy Pier. I had found tickets to Cirque Shanghai for a discounted price at HotTix, so I thought that it might be worth seeing.

We had mixed feelings about the show. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it-it is definitely touristy and, at points, hokey and we couldn't help wondering if it was a little bit racist at times. In any case, the performers were very talented and their stunts impressive (and sometimes terrifying).

We packed quite a bit in, and managed to only spend money on tickets to the show. Just one of the many reasons I love Chicago in the summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment