Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Success!


Well, it's been a harrowing few weeks tending my plants (if you think "harrowing" is extreme, ask Luke, who can testify to receiving several frantic phone calls and witnessing numerous plant care-related google searches).

My gerbera kicked the bucket long ago, the bigger of the tomato plants is dying slowly, from the bottom up, and the smaller has yet to sprout any blossoms.

Still, I am clinging to my small container garden's one success: two peppers! Even this took much coaxing. Prior to these two peppers, each blossom had fallen off without producing a pepper. I'm still a little worried about the one in the back-it hasn't grown too much since it's appeared.


You'd better believe I am tending these babies meticulously. I am determined to have something to harvest this summer, no matter how small.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

i love your pepper! you are such a sweet woman alli!

Hauna said...

You're hilarious, Alli. And your new background makes me want to run to the pool - esp. in this 90 degree weather!

Dave B. said...

I still think "harrowing" is too strong of word. Just sayin'.