I've spent most of the day running errands and cleaning the apartment, but I also had time to make some pesto with basil from the church community garden. The basil there is growing like weeds--seriously--so I helped myself to a few handfuls when I watered yesterday!
Now that it's getting to be well into August, I thought it time to review and re-evaluate my summer to-do list. I have to say, I've done pretty well for myself. Here are my remaining items:
Visit a State Park (hiking?)
Take a long bike ride and picnic
Cubs game
Take a day trip
Play mini-golf and get ice cream
Try one new neighborhood restaurant (Merla's or the new BBQ place?)
Sew something. Anything.
Ice cream at Margie's
Notably, most of the remaining items are on the expensive side, which means that I'm not sure they'll fit under the strict budget Luke and I have created for ourselves (one of the luxuries of having a regular paycheck). Even if I don't enjoy these things this summer, it will still have been a pretty fantastic one.
Besides, Luke and I will be spending the afternoon tomorrow on a sailboat with friends from church, so who am I to complain?
**Not sure what's going on with the fonts in this post-sorry about that!
1 comment:
Yay for your first full paycheck as nurse Ali!
Sounds like you are having a good summer and still have time to do some of those things on your list --- good luck!
Post a Comment