Friday, February 18, 2011

Fall, so far


I found this post today, while updating my blog (finally). I'll have a new post for tomorrow, but here's an oldie that I never posted, having been too preoccupied being miserable with work. By the way, we did end up having the pie bake-off that I mention below. It was a good time!

Aside from work, this fall has been pretty great. I think that having a hard time at work (see below) has inspired me to take advantage of my time not at work. Here's what we've been up to:

We've picked apples. And then we've used them in every way possible. Ok, mostly eating and baking, although I did make a roast apple and squash side dish that was quite good, and some apple and pear chips that were not as good.

We baked pies. One with Luke's choice of recipes, one with mine. I liked mine better, he liked his. We're contemplating an apple pie bake-off, if anyone's interested.
Petting zoo at the apple orchard







We've mused over how cute our cats are. I really can't tell you what a good return you get on your investment with cats. They take such little work, and they are so stinkin' adorable. With more and more of our friends having kids, I am appreciating this more and more. I'm not saying your kids aren't adorable. They are. They really are. And I'm sure that they are worth the work, and I'm sure that's why people keep doing it right? Nor am I saying we'll never have kids. We might. If you stop telling us how much work they are. Or if we just stop believing you. I'm just saying that, for right now, cats work out really well for us.


We watched and cheered for Allie in the marathon! Unfortunately, we were to busy cheering when Allie came around to snap a shot of her, but here are a few other shots.

Spectating is thirsty work. Luke needed a Gatorade.

And that's where I stopped the post...which I suppose is why it was never posted. But I'm not going to go back and finish it now, so you'll just have to take it for what it is.

More to come...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you blogging again! I have to ask: who won the pie bake-off?

Sarah said...

Your pies look like PERFECTION! And your kitties too! Who's telling lies about how much work kids are? Not me! How much diapers cost...yes, I'll give you that one! :)